Tuesday, January 12, 2010

House Sale

Monday they finaly closed on my apartment in queens. It was not an easy wait. It took 5 months from me accepting the buyers bid to closing. It took a couple months to find decent buyers. I totaly endorse owners your apartment. It is a great investment. But it is also a risk. You do find yourself tied down. Thank god the apartment was in a strong market like New York and not Ohio. My parents had to rent out there house because they could not find any buyers.

Now I have a mixed bag of emotions. There is definitely a sense of freedom know you have some money save. I now don't have any ties to New York except the friends I have there. But on the other had I loved my apartment and my neighborhood. I feel sad that I will never be able to go back. To sleep in that bedroom. I had though after I bought the place I would probably die there. I never dreamed I would sell it three years later. It is hard to talk to Toni because he takes me missing New York to mean that I have doubts or regrets about being here in Rio. It is very easy to love the place your at but to miss what you had to give up. I basically gave up my city, my friends, my job and my home for love. Only time will tell if it was all worth it.

Yeidy did the closing for me. I am so thankful that she was able to do it. Especially since in the end they gave me no notice. They basically called her on Friday and told her the closing is on Monday. I will always appreciate her help. So here I am. One step closer to being permanently here.

No comments:

Post a Comment