Friday, December 18, 2009

Supermarcado

Toni decided I should make lunch today. I went to the grocery store in the morning. There are some amusing differences. There is a little less choices in the USA. They do not have fresh milk at all....it's all boxes of Parmalat or powder. Forget Hamburger helper or macaroni and cheese. They don't eat baked beans. They don't have many items for foreign foods. There is no Mexican foods. They don't have peanut butter ( I did find some in Mundo Verde..which means Green World and they sell teas, candles, incense..that kind of thing ) They have a lot of good meat but a lot of it is loose...you pick out what you want and have it weighed. The same with fruit. The collection of fruits is really good and fruit juices. It is a little hard to find orange juice...it is more pineapple, passion fruit and peach. They have a lot of fresh cold cuts. They sell alcohol which is nice. I know they do in some parts of the USA but not all.

I bought pork chops as well as pasta. I also got two bags of other assorted things we needed. When I got home Toni was making rice with beans. I made my things we had lunch around 2pm. Afterwords Toni went back to work with Marcelo and there client. It is Friday so I am not sure what we are doing this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment